Monday, August 4, 2008

The Passion of the Trash Can

Hi,

I often hear strategy people say they want to work on "exciting accounts". Translated this means something cool, stylish or sexy - packaged goods need not apply. I find this weird, as I have learnt throughout my career that anything can be fascinating. Honestly, I sometimes wonder if the team on Lexus are bored out of their minds. I mean, sexy cars for sure, but that brand and strategy is fully baked. How many different ways can you say luxurious?

The wonderful part of the media landscape today, is that we can now connect with the core, passionate group for anything. And they always exist. Case in point, this post from a product review on Amazon.











When someone tells you they could not live without a garbage bin, that is when I know it could be fun to sell trash bins, and more importantly, though smart media we could connect with them. 

No comments: